Term 1 Novel Study

Term 1 Novel Study


This term I have been reading and studying the novel see,ya simon


I found this novel interesting and sad because you were on the edge of your seat but then the end becomes sad.


During the novel I had to complete two major assessment tasks. The first is an Explain Map which shows the consequences of a major event in the book. The second was a Describe++ Map (Inference map) which shows I how I have connected prior knowledge and other experiences to what I have been reading to make an inference.


National Standard this covers
  • Year 9/10 Standard
    • I can monitor my understanding as it develops during my reading, and adjust my strategies to address any comprehension problems Eg: If I don’t understand a passage I have read I can re-read it, read-on, use pictures or diagrams, or explore the meaning of some of the vocabulary.
    • I can use strategies to analyse ideas and information and to reflect critically on the meaning I am gaining from my reading. (Eg: I can think about the meaning of the information and ideas and how this fits with what I think)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

kapa haka distinction #3

kappa Hakka #6 distinction